Board of Directors
Involved with the MA charter school movement since its inception (the past 6 of which he served on the MCPSA Board of Directors), Jed remains fiercely committed to preserving and promoting the spirit of excellence and innovation that propels our schools. In six years as a founding teacher at the Parker Charter School and eleven years as an Administrator at Prospect Hill Academy, Jed has seen and experienced firsthand that great schools can thrive across very different contexts.
Ralph is a founding board member of the Lawrence Family Development Charter School, one of the original 14 charter schools, and later served as Chair of the Board. Ralph has also served in many leadership capacities in the City of Lawrence including eleven-years on the Lawrence School Committee.
Ron began his educational career as a science and mathematics teacher in the Bellingham public schools and later served as the district science coordinator for the city of Taunton. He now holds the position of Director of Teaching and Learning at Foxborough Regional Charter School, with a focus on curriculum development and educator evaluation and training.
Julia is the Founding Executive Director of Berkshire Arts & Technology Charter Public School, which opened in September of 2004. Prior to joining the founding BArT team, Julia was a math teacher at Mount Greylock Regional High School. She worked for six years at the Monitor Group, an international consulting company, with clients in the US, England, Israel and Bangladesh. Also at Monitor, Julia worked on the management team with significant responsibilities in human asset management.
Shannah is the Executive Director at Boston Collegiate Charter School. She began her career with Teach For America, serving students in South Texas and later managing the team responsible for the support and development of teachers in New York. Prior to joining BCCS, Shannah worked as a strategy consultant with The Parthenon Group, a Boston-based strategic advisory firm.
- Amy Aaron, Administrative Coordinator, Hilltown Cooperative Charter Public School (2005-present)
- Jane Adams, Trustee, Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School (2013-Present)
- Richard Alcorn, Executive Director, Pioneer Valley Chinese Immersion Charter School (2011-present)
- Thabiti Brown, Principal, Codman Academy Charter Public School (2014-Present)
- Bill Clark, Chairman of the Board, Boston Preparatory Charter Public School (2009-present)
- Stephen Furtado, Executive Director, Global Learning Charter Public School (2014-Present)
- Eric Hieser, Executive Director, Sturgis Charter Public School (2007-present)
- Kennedy Hilario, Director of Schools, Community Day Charter Public Schools (2011-present)
- AnnMarie Little, Director of Special Education, Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School (2007-present)